Retro Kitchen Table

excessfroufrouJuly 8, 2010

I finally got around to setting a table with my dishes I bought in February while on vacation. I think they are were made in the sixties, so I paired them with some of my spacy casserole dishes. I thought these vintage placemats were kind of fun too. They were .50 at the TS, I love the advertising on the package.

Frou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Oh frou, PERFECTION! You can pull this off so beautifully! Love the dishes, love the placemats, love the casserole accessories! Pretty vase of flowers & pink relish dishes & sugar & creamer! Your table was MADE for this t'scape! And you painted the table tiles, right? This is just so-o-o-o DARN CUTE! TFS! Jeanne S.
And the advertising for Mother (daughter) is a hoot! I think I told you that I've seen these dishes before...think my MIL had them long ago!

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 9:59PM
Purplemoon

I 'second' what Jeanne said. She keeps taking my words before I get to use them, LOL.

As much as I've seen your painted tiles, I still am in awe of all the work you did and how no one can tell they are paint and not real tiles! A Frou Original...love it!

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 1:04AM
jaybird

That is way to CUTE!!! I love the table setting, but that advertising takes the cake!!
Thanks so much for sharing!
J

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 11:18AM
jaybird

that would be TOO cute!!!! My fingers go faster than my brain!!

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 11:20AM
slinkey

Oh wow...that IS a 'Retro Table' with those colors and the wonderful serving pieces! You put this together perfectly.
I feel like I'm back in my DM's kitchen...and the advertising on the place mats, is a real trip down memory lane for sure...lol
Very nice.

jane

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 4:10PM
luckygal

Oh My! That is sooo pretty and also a walk down memory lane for me. I absolutely love your kitchen!

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 2:34AM
luvstocraft

I agree with all of the above and both Jeanne and Karen are much better with words than I am! This is just the perfect setting for your pretty kitchen. I really like those pretty glasses too. Great job, so glad you shared with us. Luvs

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 1:05PM
oldalgebra

I can't believe how perfectly the new dishes fit with all your other things. Boy! What a trip back into the past. The glasses are amazing. Did you get them when you found the dishes?

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 4:19PM
Purplemoon

Frou, I emailed you the other day tho not sure if you got it.

Luvs, Jeanne is always using the words in my head before I get to them, LOL. She does it to me on GJ Forum too. I sweetly ;o) suggested she just start signing her posts as
"Jeanne and Karen"!

hugs,Karen

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 5:28PM
jeannespines

LOL! You're too funny, Purplemoon! Stealing the words right out of your mouth! Tee Hee! Jeanne & Karen

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 9:22PM
excessfroufrou

Ya'll are too sweet, thanks. I wish everyone one of you could come for coffee at my kitchen table, what fun would that be. Karen, I answered your email today, we've been camping in the boonies again and just got home.
Frou

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 10:02AM
Marlene Kindred

Frou~

Your table is just beautiful! LOVE the colors and the dishes and your casserole dishes...they are awesome! Looks so inviting!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 7:14PM
bonnieann925

That is really special! I really like the soft pastels and how they all match the table tiles. Have never seen those disposable placemats, but what a great idea! It looks like a FUN table!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 10:29PM
kathleen_li

That is adorable! The dishes are perfect with it!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 10:32PM
lynninnewmexico

I didn't know that you'd painted the tiles on your table, Frou . . . nice! I remember those dishes from my youth, although I can't recall who had them. They do bring back a lot of memories, though. Love your wonderful casserole dishes! What a great tablescape!!!
Lynn

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 2:24PM
jeannespines

I know, lynn, like you I can't believe she "painted" those tiles either...too perfect! I think they must be "stick-ons!" Frou, frou...LOL...are you fooling us! Just kiddin'! They are so RETRO beautiful!
Love 'em! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 12:11AM
More Discussions
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
Sponsored Products
Kendra Semi-Flushmount by Quoizel
$309.99 | Lumens
Platner: Round Dining Table Reproduction
Modern Classics Furniture