Counter depth french door

mpatel1080April 16, 2014

We are looking at a counter depth french door fridge for our new kitchen and are between the LG LFX25991ST and the GE cafe counter depth.
We want a unit with dual evaporators. The LG feels a little better built than the GE and the normal depth version of the fridge was highly rated by CS.
Does anyone have any real life experiences, or have any other recommendations for a unit with dual evaporators?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fauguy

I've seen these in the stores, and the one thing I don't like about the LG is the way their water/ice dispenser are. To me, I like the dispenser on the GE Profile PYE23PSDSS best between them. The hot water on the GE Cafe didn't interest me.
These GE models just came out last year, and the only negative comments I've seen is that some say they are louder than other models.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 12:52AM
deeageaux

I don't like the gasket on gasket French door design on the LG.

The one thing LG has going for it is that people with super sensitive hearing say these are the least annoying to their ears.

There is usually a racket going on in my house with at least one tv on so I would go with the GE.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 2:38AM
mpatel1080

I have read in a few places that they have fixed the issue with the door gaskets continuously tearing...is this what you were referring to, or is there another issue with the gaskets?

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 9:38AM
More Discussions
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™