Pro Style Range Cleaning Behind

Tom2013April 7, 2013

I have a question for Pro style range owners. I am in the market for a 36" range and I see that the weight of these ranges is about 500 pounds. Has anyone moved their range to clean the sides or back? I see that Capital has wheels on the back but it would still be difficult to move it forward without some kind of casters that could be placed under the front legs. I move my old range about every three years and it gets pretty filthy on the sides.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

Nope, what you can't see won't hurt you!

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 12:00AM
jwvideo

Sure, I move mine regularly. But, then, mine is only a 30" range that is slightly over 300 lbs. (not 500 lbs.). It sits at the end of a run of counters, it is on hardwood-like laminate floor, and has furniture glides on the feet. I don't move it to clean the back of the stove, but, rather, to clean the stuff that can accumulate beneath and behind the stove.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 1:06AM
jellytoast

Plastic furniture slides like the appliance installers use would allow you to move the range out without too much difficulty, but I wouldn't want to do it unless I knew something really bad was under there.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 1:09AM
gtadross_gw

I have a 36" bluestar. I don't move it regularly by any means, but when it was being installed, we had to slide it in and back out at least a dozen times. I just removed all the cast iron burner grates, bowls etc along with all the oven racks. It lightened it substantially. It's still not something I'd do every week, but when you have to do it, it's possible.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 11:06AM
otterkill

I ordered my Bluestar with casters in the rear, then I just put furniture slides on the fronts and it slides out...ez pz.

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 8:39AM
Tom2013

Thanks for thr responses. It looks like furniture slides it will be.

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™