Cleaning white tile

kitchentimeSeptember 8, 2009

Hi,

I need to clean a white tile floor. It needs DEEP cleaning. Can anyone tell me what type of cleaner works best on a neglected floor???

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peanutmom

It would help to know what kind of dirt is on the floor and what room it's in. It would be easier to understand what kind of stains you are dealing with or is it grease or ??? The possibilities are endless.

Bookmark   September 8, 2009 at 8:21PM
kitchentime

peanutmom. It is in indoor outdoor type room, so mostly crossthrough traffic (shoe) stains. No grease. Thanks. I always used in the past straight water in the past. After waiting a full summer it isn't cutting it at all. Thanks.

Bookmark   September 8, 2009 at 8:33PM
annie1971

I have white tile flooring in our master bath, but I'm not sure what you mean about "deep" cleaning. If the tile is sealed, the dirt shouldn't be too deep. If it hasn't been sealed (as mine can't be), try using a strong solution of water and vinegar -- you can add alcohol as well. The very best thing I've used on really dirty floors (I got the job of cleaning up my husband's family home) is water and Charlie's liquid soap. You'll have to rinse (maybe more than once to get the dirty water up). After the floor is clean -- keep it clean with the vinegar/water solution.

Bookmark   September 8, 2009 at 9:12PM
peanutmom

When I moved into my home I had a "fun time" cleaning my white tile kitchen floor. I had to scrape the "goop" off of it with a putty knife first. This sounds overly simplistic, but dish detergent with bleach and a good rinsing did most of it and after rinsing once, I did a final rinsing a few hours later with vinegar. I know everyone reminds everyone about not mixing cleaners, I didn't want to run the risk of mixing bleach and vinegar even on the floor so that's why I rinsed and then used a vinegar rinse. I works well on sealed tile to bring back the shine and seems to remove the yellow tint on unsealed tile. A win/win situation if I ever heard one! I hope this gives you some ideas and please let us know what you end up using that works. I love hearing new ideas, too.

Happy scrubbing!
peanutmom

Bookmark   September 9, 2009 at 5:42AM
More Discussions
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
Rescuing a non-stick frying pan with burnt on grease
Well, I let my frying pan with grease get too hot,...
junkyardgirl
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™