Infinity Drain

GreenDog194May 12, 2012

Since I can't seem to find a shower pan I like, I'm considering using tile, but big tiles to avoid grout (the reason I wanted a shower pan in the first place). To avoid having to cut big tile into angles to get the water to drain, we are considering an "Infinity Drain"-like system, where everything drains to one side of the shower.

Have any of you used this?

Any tips? Things to avoid? Brands you love?

http://infinitydrain.com/

http://www.schluter.com/7957_7958.aspx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

Lots of us have - search on Trench Drain

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 6:26AM
GreenDog194

Thanks, wow, there is a lot of wisdom out there. Thanks for giving me the proper search term.

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 10:02PM
weimom

We are having a Proline Drain put in our new shower. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 11:57PM
littleStef

We had planned to have the linear / trench. Plumber said they normally use Infinity Drain. But, I got scared off when the product finally arrived. Our plumbers chose the site-sizeable model. You literally have to cut the linear portion in two pieces to size it. Then, the middle section where the actual drain is gets glued in between those pieces. Cutting and gluing made me worry. Too much room for installer error. Does that glue hold forever? And, the Infinity Drain is completely flat with no slope. I was concerned about that, too. I would have preferred the Proline. It just seemed like a better product to me. In the end, I abandoned the idea and just went with a regular square drain.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 6:38PM
lazypup

While it is commonly called glueing technically that is not correct...

The glue softens the plastic in both mating surfaces and once the two pieces are fitted together the plastic from one piece actually fuses into the opposite piece to form what is technically called a chemical weld. Once the cure time has elapsed the entire piece is then one solid piece of plastic in the same manner as if it were two pieces of steel that had been welded together.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 6:58PM
More Discussions
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™