Has anyone purchased from michaeldimauro.com?

T-GornMay 20, 2013

Hi! I'm new to this site and the posts have been very helpful! I'm about to purchase shower and sink faucets for a bathroom remodel and came across michaeldimauro.com. They have incredibly good prices.

Has anyone had experience buying from them? Their prices seem too good to be true! Is this a reputable business?

I'm looking at the Newport Brass Victoria collection.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
T-Gorn

Following up from my post and some responses from others... I did not buy from michaeldimauro.com. The price seemed too low, too good to be true.

Instead, I bought my Newport Brass faucets from Plumbtile.com and was very happy. They had the best price by far and were very helpful when I had to call twice with questions. Also, they shipped out the shower valve either the same day or the next day after I ordered it. The rest came faster than promised directly from Newport Brass. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for faucets or other products. ...Just know, like most online home retailers, that there is usually a restocking fee if you need to return something.

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 8:10PM
Babka NorCal 9b

This just sounds like a set-up to me. "and some responses from others". I didn't see any. SPAM?????

-Babka

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 8:42PM
T-Gorn

Yeah, I agree. The michaeldimauro.com site does not seem legitimate.
By the way, the responses I referenced in my 2nd post were sent directly to me (i.e., not posted on the forum). One person said they entered an order and went all the way to entering payment info, but it said, "payments are not being accepted from this region [the US]." The other response was wondering if I ended up buying from the site, which I did not.

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 9:42PM
kayozzy

It is definitely a scam. I was super excited, but the low price made me suspicious and found your post. I went through the whole process and it is a company in China wanting payment through Western Union. You'd never see that money again!

Bookmark   October 31, 2013 at 7:39PM
More Discussions
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™