Looking for opinions on wall ovens
So, this post is a little different than ones I've seen on GW before, and I'm hoping someone out there can help me!
Rather than ask for comparisons on different brands of wall ovens, I would like to get some perspective on what some GW users would recommend for me based on how I describe our current kitchen situation. Here goes...
We are doing a kitchen renovation starting in two months, and are at the point where we need to nail down appliances so that the cabinetry order can be placed.
I need help determining what wall ovens to select. Of all the posts on this forum, every question and answer seems to be related to comparisons between brands. But, what I really need are opinions from people who understand how I intend to use the ovens.
1) I am a serious cook, and use my range everyday.
2) We eat very little packaged food and only small amounts of meat, so need a lot of fridge capacity that can accommodate large amounts of vegetables. 3) We use an oven rarely to bake, but often to reheat leftovers.
4) Microwave is used daily as well, but for heating water to make tea, and re-heat kids meals.
5) We entertain several times a year, but still rarely use the oven. Everything is cooked, sauteed, grilled, etc.
Appliances already selected:
1) JA 42" FD integrated fridge - built-in with great capacity AND configuration
2) JA 36" induction cooktop - love induction, JA has great hob configuration, and this unit is a Bosch - a brand I have used and totally believe in
So, here's my problem, and ultimately my question:
We are building a gourmet kitchen with some expensive appliances, and I don't want to put cheap wall ovens in because it will just look bad. At the same time, I don't need the creme-de-la-creme of ovens because I rarely bake, and don't have a clue what convection is. I feel like there is a certain quality of ovens that would go with the other high-end appliances going in the kitchen, but I'm having trouble convincing myself to spend that kind of money on them when I don't bake and hardly use them for anything other than reheating leftovers.
I'm thinking of a speed oven above a single wall oven because we use a microwave often, could benefit from the cooking time of speed ovens, and don't have a need for a full double wall oven.
In your opinions, what do you think would be a good wall oven solution for someone with my cooking and baking needs, that is above 'the middle of the road' and would 'fit in' to a gourmet kitchen, but isn't Wolf or Gagg? I need something reliable, of good quality, and mid-to-upper priced without being outrageous.