How to post Pictures

creekdwellerJuly 7, 2010

Could someone please tell me a very easy way to post pictures.

Thanks so much,

Creek

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

creek... the first thing you do is set up a free photo acct ...lots of us use Photobucket.com here...I think it's easy to use & just takes some practice. Then you can copy & paste the URL address in the "optional link URL box (you see it when you are typing a message) & then you give it a name, anything, like "creeks birdbath."

When you get this far, just holler & we'll lead you thru some more shortcuts. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 10:29AM
creekdweller

OK, I got a photo bucket account, I think. LOL What do I do next..Thanks

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 1:52PM
jeannespines

If you've opened your account, then:

Next ... with Photobucket home page open, click on the green bar that says"Upload Imagesand Videos"...then choose which pics from your computer files you want to load onto photobucket.

After they're loaded, another page pops up & you arrow down & click "Save."

Then another page pops up & it shows what's "In this Album"... put your cursor over the pic you want to post & a bunch of options pop up under the pic...arrow down to the 3rd one "HTML code"...left click on it to highlight it...then right click & choose "copy"....then go back to the message part of the Holiday forum (where you are logged in, writing a message) & right click & click "paste."

A bunch of gibberish shows up ...that is your pic...& then when you click "preview message," you pic will show up (like this pic did above of my gardens)...then send your message on it's way.

Hope this helps...it takes some messing around...& practice...but it works...none of any of them are easy (JMHO)....Jeanne S.

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 8:18PM
jeannespines

And, creek, here's some instructions posted by friends on the Garden Junk forum that may help you (in case mine didn't)

Don't give up! Experiment! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post pictures using Photobucket.com

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 9:14PM
jeannespines

creek...been seeing your beautiful pics in your link to your album...if you want to try one in the text of your message, try & see if my instructions (a couple above this message) will help you. You're doing good! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   July 10, 2010 at 11:40PM
More Discussions
Testing ... a pic & text.
Testing this again ... I posted one pic earlier today...
jeannespines
Nana, here are some sample uploads.
I thought I'd try to upload the same image saved in...
oldalgebra
bumping up links to our Inspiration Albums
http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2812708/inspiration-pictures-reminder...
Purplemoon
Mardi Gras Breakfast
Getting ready for tomorrow. For more information and...
oldalgebra
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™