Dawn Advanced

judiegal6September 23, 2010

I have used Dawn forever. I always buy the huge container at Costco. Now they carry the new "Dawn Advanced" it is suppose to have added enzyme for removing food from dishes. I much prefer the older Dawn, much better on grease. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

No I've never tried either. I like sunlight, but I know what you mean. Doesn't it always go that way--you find a product you like and they take it off the market or make it "new and improved" and it doesn't work as well. I wish manufacturers would leave the good things alone.

Bookmark   September 23, 2010 at 7:37PM
susie53_gw

Yes, Dawn used to be the best but not any more. They changed it awhile back and it is not as good... I went back to Joy. Cheaper and just as good now..... Our store often has it for $1.00 and I stock up..

Bookmark   September 23, 2010 at 8:10PM
jannie

I switch around dish detergents-Joy,Palmolive, Dawn.Depends on price and availability. All work the same. I have a dishwasher so I don't hand-wash much of anything. For pots and pans I use Brillo pads.

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 8:09AM
Pat

I'm waiting to see if my new Joy will flare up my ecsema (sp) the way Dawn did. Ivory was kind to my ecsema but my optomitrist recommended Joy for cleaning our glass lenses. I remembered that Martha Stewart uses Joy exclusively but not sure if that was the original Joy or the newer one.
Pat

Bookmark   September 25, 2010 at 10:26AM
andersons21

Yikes, I looked into this a little and I think that phosphates have been reduced/taken out of dishwashing liquid too!

I am so bummed that I didn't stock up on the old Dawn. It was the best.

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 2:22AM
nerdyshopper

I used to prefer Dawn for dishe. But now I really prefer to use the orange coloerd probuct sold for hand washing. It contains a bactericide that keeps washcloths from souring on the sink between washes. I know, it is a chemical solution to an old problem, but if it is what makes Total toothpaste work, what harm is there in washing dishes with the stuff.

Bookmark   October 11, 2010 at 5:35PM
arkansas_girl

UGH, Maybe there's still some old Dawn at the flea market booth! I'm so sick of them "impoving" everything so now nothing is any good anymore. Is it too late to stock up? I suppose it's all gone? I use the Palmolive Antibacterial one that's orange but I suppose the next time I buy some, it's going to suck! I don't like Joy though, I bought some expecting it to be just as good as Palmolive but it was way watery compared to Palmolive Extra Antibacterial. I'm going to try the hand soap idea! I have jugs of that stuff from a good sale I found!

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 8:33AM
arkansas_girl

I saw what appeared to be regular old Dawn at Walmart. It didn't say Advanced or anything...has that one changed?

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 9:17PM
andersons21

I noticed the same thing (at Target).

I have actually switched to Costco's Kirkland dish detergent. It is not as tough on grease as the old regular Dawn, but most of my dishes aren't too greasy. It rinses really well, leaving very little spotting, which is great for me since I hate drying the dishes.

I've also tried Dawn Direct Foam. I would not have tried it because it sounds gimmicky, but CR rated it best. It is quite amazing! A TINY little dollop of foam cleans a whole bunch of dishes. The disadvantage is that you can hardly dispense a small enough pea to clean a dish or two at a time. The foam does stay on the sponge for later use, though. CR criticized it for costing more per tablespoon, but the volume comparison is useless for this product.

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 10:11AM
blitzyblond_protege

My newest bottle of Joy has a little oval sticker on the upper body of the bottle that says "From the makers of DAWN".

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 11:50PM
More Discussions
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™