What color countertop??????

angeezMay 17, 2011

I am the worst at making decisions, I swear it gets worse the older I get (haha)! We are remodeling our bathroom in a few weeks and it is crunch time, I need to get my countertop ordered. My tile is a light dessert sand like color by Mohawk (almost like a swirl caramel like color), my cabinets are by Kraftmaid and are Cognac oak (not as dark as espresso but darker than golden oak). So what color do I do for the countertop? I am going with quartz for sure. I am thinking if I go light that it will definately contrast with the cabinets but will be too similiar to the floor. Should I go with a little bit darker? I have one that I like that has flecks of black and a darker caramel/tuscan like color. So basically I have a light floor and dark cabinet this far. Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paige16

Have you chosen the line of quartz you will be using?

Bookmark   May 17, 2011 at 5:00AM
sas95

We went with a dark vanity and a light quartz counter that was similar to our floor.

Bookmark   May 17, 2011 at 7:47AM
looser

We have the same kind of decision to make. We are remodeling the shower and changing the vanity/counter tops in our bathroom(s).
The cabinets are golden oak color. We picked out the three Cambria samples to choose from, but might still go with a different color. The photos shows the samples on our floor tile with daylight coming from the window.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 9:27AM
looser

I have another pictures of the quartz samples...this one is on top of our current laminate counter...no natural light source. I like the quartz with the darker accents, but we are afraid that it might be too dark for our bathroom. we got a long narrow bathroom. One of the samples matches the tile almost exactly, but I think a little contrast, either lighter or darker, would be nicer.

Any thoughts?

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 9:33AM
camphappy

I looked at these same three quartz samples. Loved the top one until I saw it on a kitchen counter and realized it was much too busy for my liking. On a smaller counter in a bathroom it might not be so overpowering.
Good luck!

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 2:39AM
looser

Thank you for your feedback.
Which color did you choose? Do you have a photo?

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 10:47PM
More Discussions
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™