Tablecloth......to use or not to use, that is the ???

patty_cakesJuly 18, 2010

I notice many of you use a tablecloth when having a more formal dinner(dining room/candles/fine china/cloth napkins)than casual dinner, but is it *really* necessary? I don't have a large enough table cloth, and for Christmas used gold chargers along with my Royal Albert China, and it was a very pretty table. What's your consensus? TIA ;o)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bonnieann925

I think anything goes as far as tablecloth and placemats are concerned. Generally I tend to use tablecloths for larger gatherings, more to protect my table from abuse. Also, it's fun to layer placemats on top of a tablecloth to add color to the table.

When it's just the 2 of us, we use placemats and cloth napkins. In fact, we always use cloth napkins (a tree hugger here!)

Would love to see a pic of your gold chargers w/your RA china. Sounds lovely!

Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 8:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaybird

I would like to see a picture too!!
I use table cloths all the time, with pads under them! That's because I LOVE fabric and like making the cloths with trims and such. I get great pleasure out of changing the cloth several times a week on the breakfast table.
If the DR table is not being used, I leave it with no cloth, just a runner/topper and centerpiece. If it will be used, on go the pad and cloth! If we are having a big crowd, I have table cloths to match for all three tables (DR, Kitchen and Den). The dishes, silver and glassware may be helter skelter, but the table cloths all match :^)

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 11:59AM
More Discussions
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
Our Xmas Display inside & out 2014
My Christmas in case you missed it w/carols, many changes...
aputernut
bumping up links to our Inspiration Albums
http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2812708/inspiration-pictures-reminder...
Purplemoon
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™