Mom's B-day Table

christmascandyJuly 31, 2012

My Mom's favorite color is turquoise, so for her B-day I set a table using a lot of this color.

When I first set the table, I hadn't bought the pie yet.

The pie is from one of her fav restaurants called "The Huckleberry House." It is peach-huckleberry. We ate lunch there and brought the pie home to eat at "her"table.

The plates were clearance at HG for $1 ea. The flaware was in a pkg at GdWl for 75c w/discount. It had the ice tea spoons, and shrimp forks, but only the salad forks, no dinner forks.

The Happy birthday glasses were from DT.

The compote holding the pie was a TS find. The chargers were also HL clearance with the lime green ones I have already used. The linens were TS, as were the small red plates, and the napkin rings are heirloom.

It was a lovely day and Mom had a great time, and somebody actually ate at one of my tables instead of just setting it for fun.

TTFN,

Candy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nana2010_gw

Candy, you set a such a bright and cheerful table for your Mom's birthday!
I love the way plates pop against the turquoise tc.
The colors compliment each other beautifully.
I think the Birthday glasses are adorable.
The cupcakes in the cp are so cute and the pie looks absolutely scrumptious, it's making my mouth water.
I'm glad your mom enjoyed her birthday. You made it even more special by creating this wonderful table for her.
Nana

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 7:36AM
phonegirl

Candy, wonderful birthday ts for DM. Peach-huckleberry pie looks yummy, sounds delicious. Your new/old compote was a great find too. Red cp candle and little lantern really add to the pop. Are the napkin rings an heirloom from DM?

So neat you found plates with a touch of turquoise to use for DM's ts. Sweet pattern and the red plates, another nice find. Love the flatware pattern, looks brand new. Darling BDay glasses and I love all the cupcakes sprinkled around.

So glad to hear you made DM feel Special on her bday. Hope you have many more wonderful years together. Brightened my day seeing this ts this morning.Thanks!

Punk

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 9:27AM
Fun2BHere

Wow! Bright and cheerful. Another winner. I love the Happy Birthday glasses.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 9:36AM
Marlene Kindred

What a delightful table! I'm sure your Mom was thrilled...both with the table and with the pie!

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 7:46PM
jeannespines

Yes, a 'happy' table...bright & cheery & the 'pie' centerpc...yum! Looks like such fun...& to have your Mom there w/you to share it! The flatware is a bargain! The plates remind me of a wallpaper pattern...so bold & beautiful...love them w/your t'cloth! You did good, girl...TFS your Mom's birth-day! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 11:16AM
missy_may_gw

That is sooo pretty!!

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 4:14PM
maximavswife

Lovely table for mom! I love the plates! they could be used in the fall, in the spring, anytime! Just lovely Candy. I'll be over for pie later (you did save me a piece, right?)!
Kath

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:29AM
christmascandy

Nana, thanks, she was very appreciative.

Punk, I actually should have said vintage, I bought the napkin rings decades ago.

F2BH, I had to go to several different DT stores as I found the B-day glasses, but the 1st store only had one of that pattern, and I didn't like the other pattern as well. So it took about 4 stores to find all 4 the same.

Marlene, that pie is a favorite of hers and when we got to the restaurant, they did not have one in the case. I explained why I "needed" it and they found one in the back, fresh out of the oven!!

Jeanne, I thought the plates were so pretty and eye-catching, I bought 8 of them. I plan to use them in our retirement home.

Missy, thank you.

Kathe, sorry, but it was a very small pie! LOL Maybe we can go to lunch sometime and have a piece for dessert.

Thanks again everybody,
Candy

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 9:48PM
Purplemoon

That is one very HAPPY Birthday table. Ditto on what all the others said about it being so cheerful and pretty. Your Mom had a wonderful day, but then she has a wonderful daughter to share it with.
;o)

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 4:21AM
More Discussions
Let's Celebrate Pi Day!
The table is set. Grab a hat and a noise maker and...
oldalgebra
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
Testing ... a pic & text.
Testing this again ... I posted one pic earlier today...
jeannespines
bumping up links to our Inspiration Albums
http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2812708/inspiration-pictures-reminder...
Purplemoon
Sponsored Products
Three's a Charm Stand and Stool
$199.99 | Dot & Bo
AICO Furniture - The Sovereign Occasional Table Set - 57-51-OCCT-SET
Great Furniture Deal
Cattelan Italia | Spyder Rectangle Dining Table, 94-Inch
YLiving.com
Dionne Smoke Gray with Brushed Nickel One Light Table Lamp
$261.80 | Bellacor
Greens Bold Stripe Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus