Xpost- Have any of you ditched your toaster oven??

2LittleFishiesApril 18, 2012

I want to. We are planning a double oven and Sharp drawer microwave in the island. I figured I'd get a nice toaster (just for toast- with slots) but our Oster Toaster oven from Costco is so big and ugly. However, we do use it a lot for chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, etc..

Wondering if we'll just end up using the full size oven for these things but I can hear DH saying "Why are we heating the big oven for these little things?"

I've considered a speed oven but The Advantium and the Electrolux are not able to be put in an island I believe. Not under counter only in wall. The appliance guy thought I was wrong but that's what the manuals say. I doubt I can do double wall ovens and a speed oven in the same area. Plus I'm barely 5' so I need to reach them! : )

Thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolmka

We have the Cuisinart toaster oven(from Costco) along with our Kitchenaid double over (with convection). I would never give up my toaster oven. But then my mom has a brand that I totally hate. So perhaps its your toaster oven. I picked the Cuisinart because its highly rated for baking and being a toaster.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 10:33PM
bbmd

I'm considering the same thing. I love my Cuisinart toaster oven, but plan on getting the Advantium. You're right the Advantium needs to be above counter (there is a certain number of inches).

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 10:49PM
rmsaustin

Both models of the Miele speed oven can be installed under counter. It's a pricey way to replace a toaster oven, but perhaps you could live w/speed oven and one wall oven - I'll know how that works out in about six months!

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 11:01PM
2LittleFishies

RMS- I was just about to post that I just found out the Miele is able to be installed under counter! I'll have to check them out. Are there different models from Miele? Do they toast well?

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 11:03PM
bbmd

I'm considering the same thing. I love my Cuisinart toaster oven, but plan on getting the Advantium. You're right the Advantium needs to be above counter (there is a certain number of inches).

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 11:09PM
rmsaustin

Two models H4044. $2300 or so, H4084 $3000. Hope it toasts well enough for the occasional toasting I do; will hold onto my conventional toaster just in case. I plan to install a Miele under counter in my island, one wall oven, and an inexpensive microwave in the cabinet above the oven for the times I want to use micro when speed oven is in use. For my family I'm thinking/ hoping this combination works well - time will tell.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 11:23PM
2LittleFishies

Thanks so much! Always a guessing game until you really start using the kitchen, right? I had previously been researching the Elux Speed Oven and the Advantium. Does the Miele do the same things? Anything they don't?

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 11:30PM
More Discussions
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Wolf MDL error update
Wolf came out today and they are going to replace the...
a2gemini
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™