Adopting my extension hose to a Dyson 41

harry_wildSeptember 26, 2012

I been using the new Dyson 41 for a couple of days now and I want to see if anyone has done a custom extension hose out of different vacuum hoses to fit a Dyson 41.

I current have a 12 foot long recoiled section that was created with three previous vacuums - might be 25 foot full extended. I created it just by tape the ends togethers and it worked out! With the Dyson it has complete different adopters.

I have purchased a kit that has a 12" Dyson extension hose included and thinking of cutting in half and then taping the ends to the ends in my current 12 foot hose.

What do you think?

I know on ebay that you can buy an adopter for one end that fits the machine but nothing on the other end for the accessories.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Why do you want such a long hose?

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 7:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housefairy

I connect two hoses together when I do the RV. However this is pulling from an in house vac. And I do notice a loss of power, but still it does a better job than the little vac that is stored in the RV.

I wonder if you are going to have much in the way of suction with such a long hose. You would be better to use your regular hose length and just use a long extension cord for the power.

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 10:36PM
More Discussions
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™