Grohe essence kitchen faucet

marioncohen1April 7, 2013

Can't decide on a kitchen faucet. I am doing a modern kitchen and don't know if I love that gooese neck faucet.
Does anyone have the Grohe essence faucet? If so do you like the look and function?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
noopd

dont have this faucet. but it looks pretty modern with clean lines.

A reason kitchen uses "gooseneck" style is to accommodate very tall pots in the sink. If your kitchen sink is very deep, then it's probably not a problem.. If you sink is shallow, it may not fit with this faucet unless you pull the faucet out.

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 9:47PM
sara_the_brit_z6_ct

I have it, have had for four or five years. I love the look of it, have no issues filling deep pots from it either.

One thing you should know, which I didn't until it was too late, is that although it has a pull-out, it does not switch to a spray: you just get the same flow in a more manoeuvrable form. If you need a sprayer, you'll need a re-think. I thought this would be a disaster initially, and was cursing myself for not checking more closely, but in fact it's not been a problem after all. YMMV.

But it's a fabulous looking thing and I don't mind.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 10:11AM
marioncohen1

Thanks Sara, I like the look a lot and need to order a faucet this weekend. I am not sure if I need or will miss a spray function. I don't have one now and not sure if its something I should get. I also like the Grohe Minta but it looks like it also may not have a spray function. Thanks

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 7:37PM
eleena

Grohe website says that Minta has "extractable integrated trigger spray".

I have been also looking at this faucet for days and cannot decide either... :-(

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 7:54PM
marioncohen1

Eleena, thanks for pointing that out. Not sure which one to go with. I like the look of both. Essence different looking..I am so tired of all these decisions...... ugh...I am doing a white kitchen with carrara marble and a zero radius sink. Want it to be somewhat interesting but also have the right functions I need. Let me know what you decided and why?

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 9:52PM
eleena

I am actually going to start another thread shortly and beg for help.

I have spent days and days - to no avail. Those that fit the bill are extremely expensive and I don't want to pay $1K for a faucet.

Minta was said to be the top "designer's pick" in an article I read somewhere. But I want the L-shaped one and it is not available in the US, I think.

I want a touch-less faucet but worried about the plastic hose in Kohler Sensate. FWC has nice faucets but the one I want is $735 and the photo element is EXTRA.

I like Handgrohe Talis S. Have you looked at it? It comes in several different shapes.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 8:50AM
More Discussions
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
Can Viking refuse a refund on a range?
On a cobalt blue range and microwave actually. Both...
smtebo61
thermador vs electrolux/frigidare freezer
Help! To save money and get more usable space in a...
houztongirl
AGA Marvel Refrigerator - noisy?????
Hello GWrs....hoping one of you owns one of these things...
lisanoon
hood suggestions for 36" 6 burner bluestar?
i have searched til my fingers are blue for a 36"...
lilmagil1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™