any cleaning problems with holes/jets of air tubs used as shower?

tub4meSeptember 18, 2008

Looking at a Kohler air tub for a bathroom remodel and was not sure if anyone has run into any problems or headaches trying to keep the holes/jets of the Kohler (or any other make) air tub (located near the bottom of the tub) clean after daily showers in the same tub?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snowflakelover

If you have hard water, you may wind up getting calcium and lime buildup. However, it's easy to clean with CLR and a toothpick. If they start to act funky or spray weird or not spray at all, then put some CLR in the bottom with some hot water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then drain the tub, then turn the water and jets back on and they should work well again. The ones that don't just poke with a toothpick or a stick pin and the calcium will come right out. You can do the same thing with shower heads.

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 3:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monicakm_gw

My Bain Ultra Air tub will be a year old in Dec. My water is neither hard or soft. I've not had any problems with build up of dirty, discolored or clogged holes. 10 minutes after the pump goes off, a 90 second air "purge" starts that blows out any water that might be in the air chambers. I've read about this sort of thing with water jetted tubs and is one of the reasons I chose air.
Monica

Bookmark   October 16, 2008 at 10:10AM
More Discussions
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™