Which appliance package would you buy?! Wolf/Thermador

LLandoApril 17, 2012

I am debating between two appliance packages,which end up being almost the exact same price, so I would love feedback!

1. Wolf 6 burner rangetop and wolf E-Series double ovens. The ovens are a floor model - they have never been hooked up, but have been on the floor, so doors have been opened and closed.

2. Thermador Professional 6 burner rangetop and Thermador Professional 30" double ovens.

Thanks so much!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Wolf. I love my Wolf ovens, and have heard better things about the Wolf rangetop than the T'dor.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 3:06AM
joc6820

I just ordered a full T'dor package. Better pricing, better features (for me) and better warranty (in my area). We'll see over time. Probably can't go wrong either way.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 7:27AM
rhome410

Wolf seems to have a much better rep for customer service, and I've been very pleased both with how they back up their appliances and with the technology used in their ovens, which also has a nice, long history that helped me feel confident in buying my E Series double oven. I sure haven't been disappointed. The most even and consistent baking I've ever experienced. We bake almost daily.

I am happy with my Wolf rangetop. When shopping for ours, I wanted 8 burners, which eliminated the Thermador, although I heard good things about the star burner. I remember reading complaints that Thermador burners click audibly because of the cycling on and off during simmer.

Will you have natural gas or propane? I can't remember if Thermador was one of those made for NG and adjusted for propane with an associated loss in BTUs. If you have natural gas, it's not a concern, but was for us with propane. At the time we got ours, I think BlueStar and Wolf ...and maybe Capital... were the only ones with different models made for the different types of fuel. I think there are more now.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
Bosch 36 Flexinduction Cooktop - Anyone Have a User Review
I have purchased the new 36" bosch Flexinduction,...
marcmargolis926
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
Sponsored Products
Waterproof Neutral White LED Neon, by the Meter
EnvironmentalLights.com
Hydrofarm Jumpstart 36-Pellet Indoor Seed Start Refills - JS36PR
$16.14 | Hayneedle
Heirloom Historic Nickel One-Light Pendant with Medium Scalloped Metal
$494.00 | Bellacor
Home Decorators Collection Tapered Large 18 in. Diameter Ivory Linen Drum Shades
$52.00 | Home Depot
Sahara Rod Pocket 120-inch Curtain Panel
Overstock.com
Saturn Pendant
$250.00 | Bellacor
Freestanding Tub Supply Support Bracket
Signature Hardware
Tressle Arm Chair in White
$199.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™