how to spray 10% bleach?

taragirlSeptember 1, 2008

Hi. This sounds silly, I know, but is there a commercial product that is essentially a 10% bleach solution? Every time I try to put that solution in a spray bottle, the bleach eats up the spray trigger gizmos and they get corroded and brown.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dilly_dally

The Clorox company makes a spray cleaner but I have no idea on how much 'bleach' it would have. Maybe call the company?

Do you empty the sprayer and rinse it every time you use it?

Bookmark   September 1, 2008 at 1:56PM
lindac

No way no how would I be spraying 10% bleach in my home! I do it in the church kitchen where all is "bleach proof" but everytime I do I manage to get soem on my clothes.
If I want to use bleach for cleaning surfaces, I don't spray it but use it on a cloth that I have wrung out of the solution.
Linda C

Bookmark   September 1, 2008 at 9:57PM
cearab

Clorox makes a bathroom cleaner they market as a mildew remover. It smells strongly of bleach. I use it around the base of the toilet and in the shower corners where I get a bit of mildew.
Regarding getting this on your clothes: on Saturday I struggled to open a Clorox toilet bowl cleaner and sure enough, some of the blue cleaner got onto a nice tee shirt. Though I immediately took the shirt off and rinsed in cold water, there are now several bleach spots on my nice pink shirt. I am always leery when using bleach as I seem to develop butter-fingers when I use it!

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 10:43AM
taragirl

I use the spray bleach on the floors and cages of the baby animals I foster. I use it frequently, so rinsing the bottle and remixing a new batch each time isn't very convenient. It has to be 10% bleach solution for my purposes.

Thanks for the tip about the Clorox -- I'll check the label and see what it's made of.

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 11:37AM
lindac

Always where white when dealing with bleach!!...Or black as spots can always be covered with laundry marker!

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™