Vanity Pendant Question

MGDawgApril 6, 2013

Hi all!

My wife and I are trying to pick out lighting fixtures for our upcoming new build. She would very much like a pendant on each side of the two vanities. What we've been eyeing is the Cheers pendant by Tech Lighting:

We were wondering, would the fact that a clear fixture and bulb are sitting relatively close to your face be a distraction and annoyance? Would we be seeing "light burn" in our eyes without a more diffused light? Thanks for the help!

As an aside, is anybody able to identify the following fixture:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

How many watts are those lights? Will you put them on a dimmer? I am having pendant lights too, but encased in a brushed nickel cage, I'm hoping I have 'enough' light! LOL

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 10:54PM
MGDawg

Each bulb has a 10 watt xenon bulb - good for only about 100 lumens. Maybe the question also is - will it give off enough light?

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 8:23AM
MGDawg

There are some replacement LED bulbs that could produce in the 200 lumen range with lower wattage.

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 8:30AM
raehelen

Lumens really are a better measure than watts for how much light is being given off, but even 200 lumens seems very low. I gather the eye often 'needs' less lumens with a warmer light vs a cooler light, don't know if your xenon or LED bulbs will be warm or cool, but the average lumens of a 60W incandescent is ~750, so yes, I'd agree that the question may also be "will it give off ENOUGH light!"

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™