question about Toto Aquia toilet

sleepydrjApril 17, 2013

We just got a new house, but haven't moved in yet- we have only spent a few hours there on a few evenings.
The home has what appear to be toto aquia dual flush toilets in the bathrooms. On two occasions, I think I have seen odd behavior on two different toilets- where they flush, re-fill as expected, and then sort of flush themselves again, but keep flushing water. I haven't timed it to know if or when they would turn off again, but since they are low flush, it's weird. The added concern is that the home is on a septic system, so it is really a problem if a toilet is wasting water like that and we don't notice it. Of note: the house was remodeled and then sold- it's not clear how much time the previous owner spent there before selling, so he may never have encountered this problem with flushing.
Does this sound like improper installation, or a common re-adjustment needed?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

I don't have an answer. But in doing my own research lately I found that the folks at the Terry Love toilet forum love the Aquia, and Terry has installed a ton of them with good results. I bet if anyone knows, someone over there will! I almost bought an Aquia, so I read a lot about them.

Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 7:48PM
More Discussions
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™