Damage to new porcelain on steel tub

keb1026April 5, 2014

Contractor chipped new tub in two places after installation, paid $250.00 for tub. Should I repair or replace. This project since February 28th has been so disappointing and not finished yet. Paid $6000. So far plus supplies (tile,grout,mastic) should I have him repair the chips?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Yes he should pay for the repair or replace. Another thing that might be a problem, is the "mastic". It should be thinset, as mastic is not suitable for wet conditions such as a tub or shower situation.

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 10:37PM
plumberry

absolutely. our contractor chipped ours too and he had it repaired - we asked him to guarantee the repair and he agreed.

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 12:36PM
ineffablespace

The electrical contractor replaced my tub after someone dropped a tool on it and chipped it.

Ironically I am tearing out another bathroom and it took an entire section of tiled wall with mortar and wire mesh (a 6 x 3 foot piece) that weighed a ton to finally chip the cheap steel tub I am removing. I was throwing broken tile, dropping the crowbar, all sorts of stuff and nothing. But sneeze on something you are Installing, and of course it gets damaged.

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 2:29PM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™