Light fixture in foyer

anita55September 30, 2009

Hello all, wow, there is a forum for EVERYTHING and anything you want to talk about! Wonderful!

I have light fixture in my 2 story foyer. I would call it a pendant type with lights inside that look like candles. It's closed on the top and open on the bottom. Can you picture what i'm describing? Anyway, I've tried the chandelier type spray that you spray on and it's supposed to just drip clean. It didn't clean to my satisfaction. Do you have product and technique suggestions for this type of fixture? My husband and I are both short and even standing on a step we can't reach to even change a lightbulb. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

This is how I did it in a previous house. I dragged the kitchen or dining room table into the foyer and under the chandelier. Then I placed a pad and cover on the tabletop. Then I placed the ladder on the table and a chair next to the table. I stood on the chair, then stepped to the table, then climbed up the ladder. (I only did this when my husband wasn't around because he would have gone bonkers if he had seen me do it.)

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 3:14PM
anita55

Oh my! I could probably try that. My husband would help me. Thanks.

Bookmark   October 1, 2009 at 7:02AM
lindac

Buy or borrow a taller ladder...it's safer! I have an 8 foot step ladder in the garage.
Linda c

Bookmark   October 2, 2009 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
cleaning brass & copper
Hello everyone I somehow inherited a box of old old...
laalasa
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™