Pine Sap on Jeans

daisymcSeptember 17, 2008

Anyone know how to remove pine sap from the backside of jeans? Husband sat on a log while building our house yesterday, pine sap went through all the way to his underware. Dont want to spend a lot of time on it, will just throw them away, but we have a lot more logs to stack so this will probably be an ongoing problem. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I've never had any luck gettoing out pinesap. Designate these jeans for jobs like painting or other outdoor work. They're stained already,just let them go.

Bookmark   September 17, 2008 at 7:51PM
lindac

use a solvent...like paint thinner or even perhaps orange glow...soak thes tain in that if it's dried....best to get at it while it's soft.
Linda c

Bookmark   September 18, 2008 at 1:59PM
daisymc

Guess what? I used hand sanitizer and it took it all out, thanks for everyones help.

Bookmark   September 19, 2008 at 6:57PM
knse

Try Laquer thinner. My son sat in tree sap in his ball pants. I forgot to buy a new pair. Told my husband (like Tim the tool time Tanner) to just paint over the stain before the game. (No time to go to store.) When I arrived at the game I noticed he did a great job. Was told he got the stain out! How, I asked, Laquer Thinner he replied. I started yelling "Don't slide" too late he slid in to home. I just knew the pants would rip right off him. Much to my amaisement they were fine. All the parents started using laquer thinner to clean their childrens pants! Works well on carpet too. We have been using it for years. Give it a try. Everyone tells my husband he should be a laquer thinner salesman. He uses it for everything. Even cleans cuts. Burns like H--- but takes the soreness out. Good luck.

Bookmark   October 12, 2008 at 1:36PM
More Discussions
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Removing Stains Caused by Stain Removers - Carpet
Hi all, What's the best way to remove stains on a Sofa,...
afrolawnmower
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Sponsored Products
Addison Night Stand with 2 Drawers
Overstock.com
BonJour Dinnerware Sierra Pine Forest 4-piece Stoneware Dinner Plate Set
Overstock.com
Stickbulb | 3 Foot Vertical Wall Sconce
$825.00 | YLighting
52" Concord California Home Stainless Steel Ceiling Fan
Euro Style Lighting
"Captain & the Miss" Giclee
$545.00 | Horchow