need help cleaning vinyl floor

blackcats13September 6, 2008

Our kitchen floor in our new to us house has, like the rest of the kitchen, built up dirt/grease. We had someone clean it before we moved in. It's still sticky. Personally, I think if I could get down on my hands and knees and give it a really good scrubbing I could get it clean. The problem is that I can't. And no more $$ for paying someone to do it for me either. Am I stuck wearing shoes or is there something I haven't thought of?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nwroselady

I bought a Shark steam mop and I'm sold. I think the Shark could conquer the dirt and grease, but it would take more than once. Nice thing about the Shark is that you do it all from a standing position. Pads are washable and reusable, but I'd get at least two.

Bookmark   September 6, 2008 at 3:00AM
mc_hudd

This may sound unorthodox, but have you tried Scrubbing Bubbles & a mop? SB works great on our floors, one is Flexitec vinyl & one is just stick on tile, hasn't hurt either. I actually get on my hands & knees to do this, but since you can't, I would suspect a mop would work too. You do have to rinse w/ clean water afterward, but it will be worth the effort. You may also look into some kind of degreaser... Not sure of the effect of this on flooring though.

Hope this helps,
Mc_Hudd :)

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 11:09PM
monaw

Try Krud Cutter from Home Depot. Nothing works better I promise!

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 12:37PM
More Discussions
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
momintennies
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™