little bugs

spicegirl_0101August 30, 2010

I'm finding these little bugs around my house. They are black, are smaller than a grain of rice, and have a very hard exterior.

Any thoughts on some names I can google to find out what they are?

Thanks!

sg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

It sounds like you may have flour bugs. Go through your cupboards and check all your flour, rice and any grains or foodstuff like bread crumbs, bread, crackers and cereals.

Look on line and see what they look like. If it is them, You'd better get anything that is not contaminated in air tight containers and pitch what you think is doubtful

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 10:47PM
livebetter

Here is a link to detail regarding different bugs that can invaid via the kitchen ... flour bugs being to most common.

Here is a link that might be useful: bugs in your cupboards

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 6:43AM
spicegirl_0101

I think they may be red flour beetles. From what I read, red flour beetles can fly and confused flour beetles cannot fly.

Thanks!

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 2:46PM
worthy

Grab a couple of them and put in a jar so you can bring them to your local extermination company who can advise you what pesticide to use. A friend once got an infestation of flour beetles from a bag of flour. She had to empty all drawers and cabinets and pull all furniture from the walls so I could spray every nook and cranny of the apartment. I used Diazinon .5%, since banned.

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Rescuing a non-stick frying pan with burnt on grease
Well, I let my frying pan with grease get too hot,...
junkyardgirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™