washing Dust Buster filter

bbstxAugust 24, 2009

I have a Dust Buster with a washable filter. How do I wash it? Do I swish it in a bucket of water and soap? Put it in the dishwasher (without dishes!)?

How clean does it have to be before I get it wet? I have brushed most of the dirt out of the crevices/folds. I'm afraid if I wet it, I'll have mud.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seattlemike

Before getting it wet, I usually just bang it against the inside of a trashcan just to remove a lot of the debris. I then do the rest of the cleaning under a running faucet. I don't use any soap, but I suppose doing so wouldn't hurt. You need to open up each fold to get the residual dirt out. Also need to get at each end of the fold as the dirt runs to the ends. An old toothbrush helps. Whole process takes less than five minutes. I don't think swishing it in a bucket of water will do a good enough job.

Having said all that, I must admit that I've never read the brochure to see what it says regarding cleaning methods.

Hope this helps.

Bookmark   August 25, 2009 at 3:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seattlemike

Part 2...

Never had anything close to resembling mud. Perhaps the "dry-banging" against the inside of the trash can removes most of the dirt that's collected. Most of what's left is just residual dust and fibers. Sounds like you've already done a good job at getting as much dirt out as possible, so your wet-cleaning should go quite well.

Bookmark   August 25, 2009 at 3:16AM
More Discussions
Film on glasses from dishwasher: etched?
The drinking glasses now look cloudy. I have been using...
linnea56
Pine Sol Original Has Changed For The Worst
Im a 47 yo male, have been a neat clean guy all my...
northwoods
Castile Soap Dilemma
This has probably been gone over, but I would like...
harlowolivia
How Do You Clean Whirlpool Jets??
We're building a new house and have ordered a whirlpool...
MrsBigE
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Sponsored Products
Canova Chocolate Blackout Window Valance
$11.95 | Bellacor
Les Fleurs Delilah Apron - Women
$12.99 | zulily
New Antiqued Hand Knotted Oushak 9'x12' Khaki/Beige Oriental Wool Area Rug H3521
BH Sun Inc
Los Lunas Giclee Glow 14" Wide Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
Serena & Lily Color Block Hooded Fouta Towel
Serena & Lily
Crystal Bakehouse Two-Light Wall Sconce in Bronze Finish with Handcrafted Polish
Bellacor
Detroit Lions Football Salt & Pepper Shakers
$11.99 | zulily
Lawton Pendant by Hudson Valley Lighting
$536.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™