Blood in carpet....right now

asoloAugust 29, 2011

Hope you'll forgive me for not searching.

Taking the three minutes I have right now to ask for advice.

99-year-young mom poked her shin by some means and left large blood-spots on synthetic carpet. I've kept the spots cold and wet before, during, after cold-water carpet-machine extraction. Didn't come all out. Tried a little Zout. Small improvement.

Don't know what to do. Keeping all cold and wet while I try to figure something out. Hoping for sympathy, forgiveness and suggestions.

Gotta go...sorry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

hydrogen peroxide is the recommended product for removing blood. You can buy it in any drug store.

Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 8:52PM
asolo

HP...got it....will report back......thanks.

Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 10:11PM
livebetter

I would use sodium percarbonate so HP might do the trick.

Usually an enzyme type product will remove blood. Maybe you need to let the Zout sit a little longer.

BacOut from BioKleen would do it I'm sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: BioKleen BacOut

Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 11:33PM
livebetter

@asolo, be careful not to "bleach" the carpet with percarbonate or HP. I've done it before :)

Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 11:40PM
asolo

OK...a little breathing-time, at last.

Thank you, graywings, for HP suggestion. I had some on-hand and let it sit on the spots for a minute or two before using machine again. Result VASTLY superior to anything tried before. Will have to wait until dry before final pronouncement but looking very good right now.

Thank you for quick response, graywings. You've made a very troublesome evening quite a bit better. Thanks, too, livebetter, for follow-ups. Pretty nice of you.

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 12:38AM
jannie

To make a "shampoo" that ges out organic stains including blood and anything from pets, etc, mix equal parts of water and hyrdogen peroxide, add a splash of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Make it in a big open container (I use a plastic pitcher) as it foams up and might explode a tightly-tapped container. Apply with a scrubbrush or pour on the stains, rub but don't damage the fibres of the carpet. Soak up with towels.

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 10:15AM
jannie

And if you make my carpet shampoo reciPe (above), don't store it . It only works when fresh. Throw out any you don't use. I'm mix a bottle of peroxide, a bottle of water and a squirt of Dawn, use it, discard any extra.

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 6:44AM
More Discussions
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™