Can you recommend a light-weight vacuum?

tripletmom83August 6, 2012

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive light-weight upright vacuum? I want a second vacuum to keep on the second floor so I won't have to drag my heavy cannister vac upstairs all the time. I would like it to be able to do carpets and hard surfaces, and to have a hose attachment with at least a crevice tool. And it would be great if it was on the small side.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pekemom

I got a Shark Navigator Lift Away that is not heavy.

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 11:48PM
raelynn09

The Bissel 3-in-1 vac has been a hero for my 2-bed apartment. It doesn't have a hose attachment, but does convert to a handheld, and has a crevice nozzle. Also very lightweight. My favorite part: less than $20!

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 2:42PM
maimie

I learned yrs ago from reading Don Aslett's book that canister vacs are a ball & chain. Since then I have only bought uprights & that was over 20 yrs ago. I too am looking for a new light weight full vacuum, but upright. I have a rechargable that I love for quick vacumming but for deep cleaning, I want a reg vac to replace my Panasonic which is now about 10+ yrs old. I live alone so don't want or need an expensive vacuum. just light weight. Thank you.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 3:35PM
shellybrow

I am very happy that I did decide to purchase Bissell ProHeat 2x deep cleaner. I used it on pet stains or deep dirt stains. It got every bit of the stain out. It is more efficiently gear dirt and stains in our check and appear with some useful carillon and whistles.

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 8:59AM
Crystal6145

Oreck vacuums have lots of power and are lightweight - you can get reconditioned units at Big Lots from time to time for $100.00 - no attachments though.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 5:07PM
gailee

Ditto the oreck is wonderful, just be sure you if you have area rugs that they have a area pad under them...........

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™