Please critique my floor plan! Summerfield can you help? :)
After many iteractions we have a sketch of a floor plan for our single story 3000ish square foot house, and I would really like some feedback from all of you!
A few things about our lot
- 2.6 acres relatively flat, in Northern California
- The front of the house faces West
- It is a corner lot with a road in the front of the house, and to the left (north). The driveway will likely "L" having an entry on both streets.
- There is a view to the East, and our lot is about 200 ft wide and and about 500 ft long (with the length being East to West)
A few things we are looking for in a house
- Open concept, with the "TV" area and the kitchen not being next to each other
- Take advantage of the Eastern view
- Large kitchen with windows and a single eating area (no nook and separate dining)
- Play room for our kids, that is near their rooms and open so it will be a computer area when they are older.
- Media room and an extra bedroom in the garage space to be built out at a later date
- Lots of closet space throughout, maybe space for an exercise room next the the master
- Lots of light, and windows
- Private garden next to master bath with wall of windows next to bathtub and shower
Here is what we have thus far, sorry it is on paper and quite wide so it difficult to share!
(Sorry I can't seem to share the image!)