Congoleum Floors

berkAugust 28, 2009

How do you clean your Congoleum floors? Mine looks like a wood floor and I used some sort of wax on it and now what a mess I have! It is all streaked and awful looking now. I have bought some Bright & Easy stripper and cleaner and waiting on the polish to come in that I have ordered to re-do my whole floor with. Has anyone stripped theirs and re done it? If so please tell me how it went and how it looks now.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I used Holloway House Professional concentrated wax remover & Super Cleaner- it didn't have any ammonia- important to me as I have had "chemical pneumonia" & nearly died. This was several years back when I got my dad & I was going to get some new Congoleum for the bathroom. Ha!! It was $50. a square ft. So I got that cleaner & cleaned the old wax off, it wasn't hard to do & just used Brite on it, I find with Brite I don't have to strip it hardly at all. It doesn't yellow. Don't know if the company is still in business or not. Also with all the "green" laws & changes the formulas on most products are changing so might not work as well as before. Open a window or run a fan when using any of this type product (or oven cleaner) as it can really affect the lungs! Oh, both bathrooms have Congoleum & both still look great, no nicks or anything they were made to last!! 1 looks like stones in light cream with slight greenish cast other is beige white,don't know how to describe.Both pieces were leftover from homes where dad installed it & people did not want to keep leftovers, salesman had really over estimated but they allowed employees to take home these pieces, it's all 1 piece no seams. We had new home & no money & cheap 12in. tile, builder wanted to install, dad flashcoved it so if toilet runs over it won't ruin the walls before you can get it mopped up. Good Luck!

Bookmark   August 29, 2009 at 10:43AM
More Discussions
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Cleaning unsealed brick floors
Hi all: I just purchased a new-to-me home with unsealed...
AtomicJay007
Help! Lime Away hurt my sink!
Hi all, I had a new cleaning lady work in my cottage...
jlknovi
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™