Can I mirror my actual window?

karenconApril 12, 2013

Hi All. I have changed my hall bath and will be moving the vanity to in front of the window. I have searched houzz et al. and have seen some nice ideas for a mirror. Is it possible to inset a piece of mirrored glass into the window itself? Is this a bad idea? I realize that when the window is open (awning type) it will be kind of funky. I will also be using a side mirror of some sort for "close up work".
Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

Karen,

I've seen a mirror that slides over the window. If you have enough room to the side perhaps you could do something like that.

Modern Bathroom by Oakland General Contractor Mueller Nicholls Cabinets and Construction

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 10:04PM
karencon

Hi Raehelen. That Houzz picture is in my ideabook and is one of my favorites. I am thinking that the side over the toilet could be shelving. I have been looking for the appropriate hardware so DH could build it. I like the idea that I wouldn't even need a window covering.

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 10:29PM
sloyder

If your window is deep enough you could put the mirror on a hinge over the window, and when you want the window swing the mirror open. on This Old House they showed them doing a similiar thing with window screens.

Here is a link that might be useful: maybe something like this

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 12:28AM
karencon

Hmmm. the hinge idea is interesting. I have 2x6 walls so that might work. Thank you.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 1:00AM
More Discussions
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™