2nd hand dresser

suggiAugust 4, 2008

I badly needed and could not afford a dresser in my bedroom and a friend of a friend wanted to get rid of one so I took it. It is in pretty good condition (a bit dirty) and I wanted to clean it out before putting my clothes in it. I took out the drawers and used a weak bleach solution inside and in and around all of the drawers and then used diswashing soap in water and then rinsed it and tried to dry everything the best I could with paper towels. I left the drawers out for about an hour or so and they seemed dry and then put them back in but left them partly open for about 4 hours. 3 levels of drawers and each portion has a bottom to it instead of just a hole where the drawer slides in.

Just wanted to make sure I did the right thing and let it dry long enough as I don't want mold to grow in there now. How long before I can start putting clothes in the dresser?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

If the wood feels dry, then it probably is. If you are at all concerned, remove the drawers and try to get some sun and air on them for a day.

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
Toilet hard water stains
We have a 1/2 bath that rarely is used, so there's...
nelles_gw
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™