How do you change suction setting on Miele Twist vacuum?

gdnewAugust 1, 2012

Hello, I just bought a new Miele Twist and I can't figure out how to change the suction power. The Twist comes with a rotary dial that is supposed to take care of that function but mine doesn't do anything. There is no discernalbe 'click' or transition between any of the dial's four settings and the suction power remains the same. Thinking that the vacuum was defective I had a replacement sent but same problem with the replacement.

The online vendor I purchased the vacuum from has a solid reputation so I have to assume that this quirk has to do with the vacuum's design. I've also seen many video reviews of this vacuum and interesting to note is that none of them showed the actual functionality of the rotary dial. I'm hoping someone on here who has experience with this vacuum can tell me if there might be a specific way I need to use the dial because I couldn't find anything in the manual. Or maybe you can let me know if there really no function to the dial and it's just there to look pretty. This is the only forum I could find that was discussing similar products and Miele's email seems to be down so hopefully you guys can help me before I have deal with customer service on the phone. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geguymw

Plug the vacuum cleaner in and set the dial selector to one side or the other. "Curtins" or "Smooth"? Remove the hose from the wand. Turn the vacuum cleaner on and listen to the sound of the vacuum cleaner. Feel the suction from the hose. As you are doing this, slowly turn the dial to the other side. You should notice a change in the noise volume and the feel from the suction in the hose. Continue doing this, so you can understand the sound and feel.

If you have done this and still no variation, then the vacuum is broken.

The instructions do tell the owner to turn the "suction power selector to the desired setting."

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 10:42PM
gdnew

Yeah, unfortunately the vacuum does seem to be broken. I'll have to call customer service about getting another replacement. Thank you for your help.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 3:16PM
albert_135

" ... The online vendor [with a] solid reputation."'

Tell us more.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 3:21PM
gdnew

Haha, yeah I know. In any case they made returning the vacuum and getting a new one very easy and didn't charge me for return shipping. I still think this is a manufacturing problem because I don't see what a retailer could do to break the rotary dial, but they definitely should have made sure the vacuum was working before shipping out.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 8:52PM
More Discussions
Need Suggestions: How Do I Get Smell Out Of Pet Bed?
Not sure where to post this. Needs suggestions. Got...
peabody1
How to Clean a Disgusting Plastic Shower Floor
I have purchased a property that has what I believer...
lgal63
easiest way to clean silk plants?
I have a bunch of silk plants, mostly in my kitchen...
drcindy
Carpet Cleaning: Can it Ruin the Carpet?
I've never had a professional carpet cleaning, but...
Cassandra
removing dog urine smell
My aister, who works full time, has had a live in nanny....
cearab
Sponsored Products
New England Flushmount by Quoizel
$169.99 | Lumens
Labradorite Cabinet Pull
Signature Hardware
Naya Votive Holder
$79.99 | Dot & Bo
Varaluz Dreamweaver 10" Wide ADA Compliant Bath Light
Lamps Plus
Christopher Knight Home Louigi Brown Backless Leather Bar Stool (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Batman vs. The Joker Salt & Pepper Shakers
$12.99 | zulily
Odysee One-Light Wall Sconce
$196.95 | Bellacor
Salerno Floral Stripe Upholstery Fabric in Blue
$25.00 | FabricSeen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™