Cleaning Stainless Steel Range Top

gle2011August 1, 2012

Hi,

We have a GE Cafe' natural gas range and the stainless steel surface that surrounds all of the burners my problem is the stainless steel around high BTU burner is discoloring and has a light brown rink around it.

I have tried warm soap and water, stainless steel cleaner and I can not remove the stain.

Any ideas what I might be able to use without damaging the stainless steel surface?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clt3

This is supposed to work, but I've never tried it. I haven't been able to find it in any store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ceramabrythe

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 7:11AM
azzalea

Have you tried a baking soda paste? I've had good success getting even grape juice and Koolaid stains out of white formica with it. It shouldn't hurt the range to give it a try (it's non-abrasive), it's cheap, you have it on hand.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:05AM
dretutz

This is what I use to clean all the SS appliances and it works really well on those brown rings around the burners on cooktop. Mix a solution of 60% water, 40% rubbing alcohol and a few drops of essential oil (I use lavender, but any essential scented oil will work). Put in a sprayer bottle. On those hard stains--spray, cover with paper towels soaked in the solution and return in a few hours to wipe.

On SS without stains, just spray and wipe with microfiber cloth. Inexpensive, spells good and does the job. The oil is crucial--just a few drops per 8 oz bottle.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:14PM
janicedallas

The lavender oil did not work on my rings around the stove burners. I have a different brand of ss in another house and it does not get the brown around the rings. From reading the cleaning forum, I will NEXT put a paper towel under the ring and use Weimans or Barkeep.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 2:24PM
gle2011

I just tried white vinegar, and a lot of elbow grease. It cleaned some the discoloration around the burners but not the real dark brown that is close to the burners. On another posting some people recommended "Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner" I am trying that next. I'll keep you posted with the results.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
shower doors nightmare
Hello there. My boyfriend is about to sell his house,...
vacuumfreak
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™