remove spots off table

nyrgirl35August 1, 2011

How can I removed marks on my coffee table (when people put their feet up without sock or shoes). It looks like a white film left on wood from were the back of their heel was resting. It doesnt come off with regular furniture wood polish...thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SharperClean

Refinish the whole top of the table to fix it and always try putting an old pillow under our feet when we rest them on the table.

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 6:11AM
haname

It's possible that the oils from the feet have eaten through the finish, but it may just be a reaction with the cleaners/oils that have been applied. First try cleaning off all the old polish and applying a good paste wax. If that doesn't help, you may well have to do a refinish job. Regular spray polish doesn't protect the wood finish as well as a good paste wax.

An option after you fix the spots is to have a glass top made for the table if it is a valuable piece and you can't get people to stop putting their feet up on the table. You could also consider replacing the coffee table with an ottoman.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wax/Polish/Oil Article

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 2:11PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

What I have found that works for white rings left on wood surfaces from people not using a coaster, is spraying a bit of WD-40 on a rag and rubbing the area. I've done it on a oak wood veneer table and just fixed a spot on the oak TV stand. I didn't have any WD-40 handy, but used Liquid Wrench Super Lubricant and it worked just fine too.

You might try using one of those on an inconspicuous spot before trying them on the top. If you try it, please let me know how it works for you.

Sue

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 6:21PM
More Discussions
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
cleaning a black granite sink
I am new to this forum and after enjoying scrolling...
debpoll9
removing dog urine smell
My aister, who works full time, has had a live in nanny....
cearab
Need Suggestions: How Do I Get Smell Out Of Pet Bed?
Not sure where to post this. Needs suggestions. Got...
peabody1
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Sponsored Products
Gibson Spring Grove Green 16-piece Dinnerware Set
Overstock.com
Splash Moss One-Light 24.75-Inch Table Lamp
$221.95 | Bellacor
Farleigh Console Table
FRONTGATE
Lite Source Grid Contemporary Accent Table Lamp
$71.00 | Lamps Plus
Canaan Rectangular Table Lamp by Jonathan Adler Lighting
$520.30 | Lumens