30" gas range- are 5 burners worth the extra cost?

ardcpApril 19, 2014

does anyone have a 30" range with the middle burner either griddle style or small round style? it seems useful for long pancake griddles but is it a gimmick. i am looking for a single oven gas range under $1k and am hoping to avoid convection but i noticed it is frequently paired with the 5th burner.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phillyfeet

I have a 30 inch Kenmore gas range with middle oblong burner - i keep the griddle that came with the range there at all times. We didn't buy it; it came with the house. I honestly never used the middle griddle for the first 2 years we lived here. Then one day, it finally occurred to me to try it for pancakes. Now I use it every weekend instead of busting out my electric griddle (which i need to keep in the basement because of lack of space in kitchen). I use it for grilled cheese too. Right now my children are toddlers, but i can see it being too small once the kids get older. My only other gripe with the center burner is that i can't center large pans on the outside burners. Otherwise, I like it just fine. I guess it all depends on your intended use and perhaps, family size.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
houztongirl
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
anyajg
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™