30" gas range- are 5 burners worth the extra cost?

ardcpApril 19, 2014

does anyone have a 30" range with the middle burner either griddle style or small round style? it seems useful for long pancake griddles but is it a gimmick. i am looking for a single oven gas range under $1k and am hoping to avoid convection but i noticed it is frequently paired with the 5th burner.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phillyfeet

I have a 30 inch Kenmore gas range with middle oblong burner - i keep the griddle that came with the range there at all times. We didn't buy it; it came with the house. I honestly never used the middle griddle for the first 2 years we lived here. Then one day, it finally occurred to me to try it for pancakes. Now I use it every weekend instead of busting out my electric griddle (which i need to keep in the basement because of lack of space in kitchen). I use it for grilled cheese too. Right now my children are toddlers, but i can see it being too small once the kids get older. My only other gripe with the center burner is that i can't center large pans on the outside burners. Otherwise, I like it just fine. I guess it all depends on your intended use and perhaps, family size.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?
There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni...
Buttons
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™