Removing Sharpie Marker from car leather seats!!!???

piper101August 11, 2008

Hi, Hope someone can help. I just found that my son marked black permament marker (sharpie I think) on my dove gray leather car seats!!! He fessed up that he did it today so it's been on the leather for we'll say 3 hours ( just happened to decide to vacuum the car out and found it). It's the thin tip and a smiley face but still.... Any words of wisdom or tips on how it might be removed? I tried the leather cleaner I have from the dealer (Honda) but nothing.

Thanks, Nicole

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Try cheap hair spray. It works on leather. I had a purse that rubbed against pens in my desk. It was all marked up and hairspray saved it.

Bookmark   August 11, 2008 at 4:21PM
piper101

Jannie, Oh thank goodness, I'll run right now and try it. I'll let you know.

Bookmark   August 11, 2008 at 4:23PM
piper101

Problem Solved!!!

Thanks Jannie, It worked!!! I think I rubbed a little too hard (should have looked at cotton ball and realized that gray on the c.ball means stop) but it's gone and I can deal with just a little rub through of the grain I guess.

Thanks for being my guardian angel today!!! Put a big check mark (no pun intended) in the WIN column.

Bookmark   August 11, 2008 at 4:46PM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™