I was boasting about cleaning my plants with the steam cleaner...

albert_135August 9, 2008

I was boasting to the spouse about cleaning my plants with the steam cleaner and she says something to the affect "You dumb klutz, it describes in the manual that came with the steam cleaner how to use it for cleaning plants." Oh. Well. vbg etc.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Live plants or fake?

Bookmark   August 9, 2008 at 9:23PM
michelle_phxaz

I don't get it.

Bookmark   August 9, 2008 at 9:47PM
albert_135

Live plants, I hold my steam cleaner wand about 12-14 inches from the leaves and wash off the dust. I tested it on my forearm like a young mother testing the babies bottle for correct temperature.

I boasted of having discovered this myself and my spouse says the procedure was already described in the manual.

Oh, well. Nevermind. Apparently you too are unimpressed.

Bookmark   August 10, 2008 at 2:00PM
Lynne_SJO

Albert:

I think your wife is lucky to have a hubby that will help out w the housework; and so creative as to think of using the steam cleaner wand for this. Never mind that it is in the manual. I never read them (other than assembly upon occasion).

You did discover it yourself since you did not read the manual, so your wife sounds like she's got an attitude problem. Had my this happended to me w my hubby, I would have said "what a great idea and how nice of you to think of it!"

L

Bookmark   August 10, 2008 at 2:21PM
graywings123

Well, the fact that you can use a steamer on live plants is news to me. I stick mine in the bathtub and turn the shower on or hose them down with the garden hose outside.

Bookmark   August 10, 2008 at 8:16PM
maimie

I agree w/lynne sjo. I would have fainted from shock if my husband had done this and then thanked him for telling me about it! I'm a florist & a gardener & in a gazillion years I would not have thought of using a steam cleaner on real plants so kudos to you for sharing this info w/us!!!! I've had a steam cleaner for yrs & never saw this in the manual. Thanks again for the info!

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 3:20PM
jannie

I used to put all my plants in the bathtub and turn on the shower (cool water) to give them a nice bath. I don't own a steam cleaner, but I am now very tempted. It's going on my Christmas Wish List, along with the Amazon "kindle" electronic book reader.

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 5:29PM
More Discussions
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™