Cleaning interior of a countertop oven

summerstarAugust 6, 2012

I have a Breville compact oven. They suggest cleaning it after every use. In a perfect world this may be possible, but I don't have the time to do this. I use this great little oven to cook chicken among other things, so there is a build up of greasy splatters. Breville suggests using a sponge and a dishwash detergent, but these items are too mild and won't take off splattered grease. What has worked for you? I'd sure appreciate suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

You might try a degreaser. You can find them at big box hardware stores like Home Depot. It comes in a 1 gallon concentrate that you can dilute to your needs.

The other option is one of the traditional oven cleaners.

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 8:59AM
graywings123

The splattered grease is harder to remove once the oven cools and the grease hardens. If you wipe it with a paper towel as you are cleaning up the dishes, the grease should still be soft enough to come off easily.

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 8:06AM
jannie

Use a good strong spray cleaner like "Cinch" or "Formula 409" or "Fantastic" and spray when the oven is somewhat cooled off. Better to do a little cleaning every day than to have to tackle a masive job less frequently. Use paper towels.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 11:24AM
krissie55

If the oven has hard baked on food/grease, try putting a bowl of ammonia inside and leave overnight. Next day clean out the softened grime.

I would do this outside in order to keep the strong fumes out of the house.

After cleaning, always use a damp paper towel to clean out splatters after each use. A quick wipe every meal used will prevent or extend time before next major cleaning.

Aluminum foil works great on drip pan (change often), and maybe other areas of the oven in order to reduce cleaning splatters. Use this cautiously, sometimes aluminum foil can become fused onto things if left on too long.

An ounce of prevention is worth a lot!

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 3:45PM
More Discussions
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™