Excellent Results Cleaning Burner Liners! (:

athomesewingAugust 15, 2009

Awhile back, a couple people posted about soaking oven racks in ammonia overnight to eliminate all the hard work that goes into cleaning them. Well, I tried the same method to clean stainless burner liners yesterday with EXCELLENT results.

What I did, since ammonia fumes are so strong, is to place the burner liners in a glass mixing bowl, poured in enough ammonia to cover them, then covered the mixing bowl with a piece of plastic cling wrap. Left for about 24 hours, took them out, ran water over them and lightly swiped them off with a plastic-bristle brush and they look like brand new!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cgw1

athomesewing, how timely your post is. Today I began to clean my stove and the burner liners were really bad. I actually bought two new ones, but the other two are soaking now. Tomorrow I will buy the ammonia and try it. Thanks

Bookmark   August 15, 2009 at 8:45PM
athomesewing

Please let us know if it worked for you too. I'm hoping that it wasn't a fluke.

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 3:46AM
jannie

It's not a fluke. I buy cheap store brand sudsy ammonia and use it for any greasy dirty job, like soaking burnt pots.

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 10:00AM
lazy_gardens

If you want to do oven racks or BBQ grills, put them inside a plastic trash bag, dump in a cup or two of household ammonia, and seal the bag.

I leave mine in the sun on the patio for a couple of days, and then it's an easy brush job to lean the grills.

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 6:44AM
More Discussions
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
Help! Lime Away hurt my sink!
Hi all, I had a new cleaning lady work in my cottage...
jlknovi
Toilet hard water stains
We have a 1/2 bath that rarely is used, so there's...
nelles_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™