Did you buy a pre-made vanity?

carecooksApril 10, 2012

Did you buy a pre-made vanity from Home Depot, Lowes, Restoration Hardware or your Kitchen and Bath store? Are you happy with the quality? We'd like to save some bucks but I'd also like to get something that will last awhile. Love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Billl

We were doing a kitchen and bath at the same time and ordered the bath vanity through the kitchen designer. We had the marble top fabricated from scrap. It ended up being the same price as a restoration hardware equivalent and better quality and customizable. HD and Lowes carry a WIDE range of vanities in terms of materials and quality. I'm sure you could find much less expensive options there.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 9:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vp_78

We originally bought one from HD, but wound up sending it back. Although it was listed as being made of wood, it was actually mostly MDF. Which is fine, but it was way too expensive for a vanity that was mostly MDF. We wound up going to a smaller kitchen and bath supply, and are very happy with the vanity. The only problem now is trying to find a top for it, but that's a different story...

Just FYI, we realized that most of the vanities at HD and Lowes with built-in drawers would not have worked with our plumbing. Granted, we need a very small vanity, but it's just something to think about.

When we remodel the master bath (someday), based on this experience, we'll bypass the box stores and go straight to our little local connection again.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
tile drywall corner transition
I'm trying to figure out how to complete the corner...
mattt19
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
Layout help
Hello, I wanted to ask for feedback on my planned layout...
caligirl5
Sponsored Products
Stowe Sofa - Key Largo Grass Green
Joybird Furniture
Illumine Outdoor Lanterns. 1-Light Outdoor Black Lantern with Clear Beveled Glas
$61.99 | Home Depot
Linger Ava 6-Light Bronze Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
SunStopper 12-ft. Hood for SunStopper Awnings - HOOD-12FT
$329.99 | Hayneedle
Kovacs Intersection Modern Contempo Bath Vanity Light
1800Lighting
Lunar 5 Piece Outdoor Patio Sofa Set in Espresso Mocha
$1,339.00 | LexMod
Virtu USA UM-3055-S-BL 55 Hazel - Black - Single Sink Bathroom Vanity
Blue Bath
Belmont Three-Light Polished Brass & Chrome Bath Fixture