cleaning walls

shaaronAugust 11, 2009

I cleaned my walls and thought that all the grease was gone. However, after painting the kitchen spots of grease appeared. Is their any good cleaning product that will take grease off the walls for good? Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

TSP....or just do a primer coat of KILZ.
Linda C

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 6:21PM
annie1971

What Linda said. If you cleaned and painted and the stains re-appeared, you probably need to do a Kilz coat and repaint. I've never tried TSP on painted walls, but if that works without removing the paint -- that would work for future stains after the walls were primed and repainted. I would also recommend Charlie's soap to get at those grease spots before they become problem.

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 9:04PM
maidinmontana

I use good ol amonia with a few drops of dawn dish soap. The two together work very well and there is very little scrubbing. This works on windows as well as wood surfaces too. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 12:44PM
More Discussions
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™