Miele Canister for Automotive cleaning?

xaeror35August 13, 2010

I am looking for a good canister vacuum and I am almost set on the Miele lineup of canisters. I do have a question, are they good for automotive cleaning? I guess the only question is does the stick handle come off and allow you to use the attachments with the hose only? I am leaning towards the Capricorn (might as well go all the way )

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westvillager

Well...Yes, in terms of performance and attachments, but the electronic wand is way too cumbersome to be useful in such a tight space. You'll be holding the handle alone, so might as well get a less expensive model for that purpose.

I have the Capricorn and it's pretty wonderful. I wouldn't like it to go into the garage though. :( They use a shopvac in there.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 7:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucky51

The only reason to buy the Capricorn for auto detailing is to have the luxury of having all the controls at your fingertips rather than having to get out of the car to change settings. All S5 series are basically the same. They differ with regard to controls (dial/electronics, etc) For car detailing save some money by getting the Libra instead of the Capricorn, get the powerhead you want (Find the right dealer who can switchout the powerhead for the one most suitable for you), with the savings buy the SMC 10 Microset and the SCC Plus Car Kit.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 10:52AM
More Discussions
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
Has anyone tried Green Works?
I see Costco has Green Works. DH and I are planning...
myclementine
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™