mystery stain on corian

eam4094August 4, 2008

I am finishing up a renovation project (after firing the contractor). One remaining problem is a mystery stain on the new corian. It seems that the preferred method of cleaing stains from corian is to use a fine grit sandpaper. Does it matter that I don't know what caused the stain? Would the cleaning method be the same regardless of the source? I don't want to further damage the surface in case I have to have the whole countertop replaced -- yes I have held out my final payment to this jerk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I used to pour liquid bleach on stains on my Formica.

Bookmark   August 6, 2008 at 2:33AM
dilly_dally

By "a mystery stain" you mean a stain that THEY did, right? I would insist that they remove the stain on your newly installed counter and if they damage it during the removal, then they replace the counter.

Bookmark   August 7, 2008 at 3:26PM
eam4094

Dilly,
Yes, they did it and they should fix it, however, on each of the three occasions these idiots tried to correct an item on the punchlist, they damaged two additional items. For example, when they put poly on the bedroom floor, they also tracked it across the new floor in the living room and poured it in the stainless steel sink in the kitchen. I refuse to let them into the house again. If I can't clean the corian, I will have it replaced and pay for it out of the money I am holding back from the final payment.

Bookmark   August 7, 2008 at 5:45PM
More Discussions
shower doors nightmare
Hello there. My boyfriend is about to sell his house,...
vacuumfreak
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™