Help for cleaning Ceramic Glass Cook Top

debora_2008August 15, 2008

A piece of aluminum foil burned onto our black glass cook top. We scraped off a lot, but some won't come off - it almost seems fused on. Is there any hope? Do you have any ideas? We appreciate any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kelly726

I'm thinking it will just burn off over time. But did you try something like Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaner on it? That may help get that last of it off.

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 11:10AM
brittsgrams

On other sites people use a razor to shed off unwanted burnt on stuff. I am looking for green cleaning recipes to clean the top of mine. It always has some film on it and I have used the buffing cleaner. Any suggestions on green cleaning it?? Thanks, Tami

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 7:29PM
memaof4

i have used a razor but i put a little dishwashing liquid like palmolive etc to protect the surface and gently scraped the surface of my cooktop then I use soft scrub comet with bleach and the blue non abrasive sponges then rinse several times with a damp cloth-works really well for me no scratches-good luck

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 12:15AM
ebear1271

I use the razor for the baked on stuff. For a really good cleaning, spray with a 50/50 mix of water and white vinegar then sprinkle with baking soda. Let it sit for a few minutes, scrub and rinse. I used to use Cerama Bryte until I went green with my cleaners. In my opinion the vinegar/water/baking soda works better and it's a lot cheaper! Don't worry about the vinegar smell, it goes away after it dries.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 9:56PM
kelly726

What kind of "green" are you looking for? Cerama Bryte says its biodegradable.

Debora -- any luck?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cerama Bryte

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 11:08AM
More Discussions
Rescuing a non-stick frying pan with burnt on grease
Well, I let my frying pan with grease get too hot,...
junkyardgirl
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
momintennies
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™