how to get blood and water stains from micro fiber couches

lynne331August 13, 2008

Last night my cat wound up in emergency bleeding from the rectum she had a ruptured gland... the problem is she ruptured all over the cushions to my micro fiber couch... after spending a few hours in emergency, at 1 am I had to come home and clean the mess left behind. Before I left I put plastic bags inside the cushions to prevent anything from seeping into the cushion, When I came home,I used dawn dish detergent on wash cloths and rubbed till the blood came out. I got most of it out thank God! but now that the cusions are dry there is a water ring from where I washed! If anyone has suggestions on what to do now I would be sooooo grateful!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dilly_dally

Hydrogen peroxide will get blood stains out will not harm fabric.

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 4:17PM
jannie

Exactly, the nurses at the hospital all clued me in to hydrogen peroxide to remove blood. I get kidney dialysis and twice I've had bleeding accidents when my arm "leaked" blood on my clothing. Pour it straight on the blood, wait for it to bubble up, then wash or rinse as needed.

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 6:54PM
tishanyc

Lynn - I have a microfiber couch and when I saw a water ring, I took a clean, dry stiff brush (actually an old toothbrush) and lightly rubbed the outline of the water ring. It worked...you might want to try that.
I think if it did not, I would rewash the entire surface of the cushion with the same product you used initally. That should eliminate a ring, and make it all look the same.
I hope your kitty is ok. That must have been quite a scare.

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™