Quietest, but still effecient, dishwasher

asoveyApril 27, 2013

We will soon be beginning a remodeling project that will open up our living room, dining room and kitchen areas. I am looking for a dishwasher that is truly quiet. Many people have suggested a Bosch, but Consumer Reports also lists a Kenmore, KitchenAid, and Miele as very quiet. The ones I am looking at are the: Kenmore Elite 12783, Bosch SHX98MO(9)uc, Kitchen Aid KDFE454CSS and the Miele Futura Dimension G5575SCSF and G5705(). Does anyone have experience with any of these or have a better suggestion? The Miele are the most expensive by about $400, but if they are the best than that is not that much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

buy the miele and be done with it.

bosch cleans well enough , but there is a ton of lightweight cheap plastic on that model that doesn't warrant it's $1000 price tag in my opinion.

K.Aid is liked by some, but they have gone downhill since the 80's and they are run by Kitchen Aid and answer to Whirlpool. If you have a real problem, good luck. Just google kitchen aid dishwasher fires and self cleaning ovens breaking and then come back and tell us if the company's response is something you are comfortable with. Again, not worth price charged in my opinion.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 5:14PM
deeageaux

The Bosch 800 Plus is the most quiet.

Miele Diamond is almost as quiet but much better overall.

How much better is a matter of some controversy among the GW dishwasher knowledgeable but not the Miele is better.

The Kenmore Elite with food disposers are rebadged KA and the Kenmore Elite without food disposers are rebadged Bosch. The TOL Elite is a Bosch 800 with sound deadening from the 800 Plus for a sound rating of 39 db.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 5:28PM
Caya26

I have a KA Superba Series KUDE50CXSS dishwasher - about 2 weeks old. Very quiet, cleans well. Lots of different cycle options. I had a Bosch before, and was not happy with it.
Hopefully I won't have issues with the KA, but I have an extended warranty from Sears Canada covering my 3 new appliances for 5 years. I've read here on GW that some people have had service issues with Sears in the US, but here in Canada (Toronto area) I've dealt with them for years and service has been stellar.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Best Range Hood for a GE Gas 30" 5 burner vented through roof?
We are remodeling the kitchen in a 1000sf ranch home....
kmkare
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Soap-Sponge Caddy Reset Stainless Steel Brush Caddy in White K-6378-0
$19.46 | Home Depot
Denby Imperial Blue Cast Iron Oblong Dish - CII-573
$140.00 | Hayneedle
Zephyr 36W in. Monsoon II Insert Range Hood - AK9334AS
Hayneedle
KOHLER Kitchen Undermount Stainless Steel 33x8.25x6.313 0-Hole Single Bowl
Home Depot
Denby Monsoon Lucille Silver Serving Bowl - MLS-110
$55.00 | Hayneedle
Hand-painted Enamel Vintage-style Mugs (Set of 6)
Overstock.com
Zephyr 30W in. Tempest II Wall Mounted Range Hood - AK7500BS
Hayneedle
Swan Kitchen Ascend Undermount Granite 32x21x10 0-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™