one product for natural stone and satin nickel finish?

JulieAPJuly 30, 2011

is there one product that will safely and effectively clean our travertine, satin nickel fixtures, and the glass of our shower door?

It seems like the best stuff for inside of glass shower door is NOT good for the special finishes of the shower or the travertine.

We don't want to ruin our expensive stain nickel or etch the travertine. We want to spray on, maybe use a plastic brush for tough areas, and then water it down and dry.

We want one product that we can use on the entire shower surfaces. Bought some 409 cleaner for natural stone and it didn't clean at all.

Advice on product?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I like the Scrubbing Bubbles peoducts. They seem pretty mild yet remove soap scum from tubs and water marks and toothpaste from my nickel bathroom faucets.

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 10:12AM
monicakm_gw

I'm not sure how effective alcohol is on soap scum but for your travertine (or any natural stone) and nickle fixtures, you can't go wrong with the 50/50 "homebrew" of alcohol and water. It's my go to cleaner all around the kitchen and bathroom and with a microfiber cloth it's great for windows and mirrors too. The fact that it's so inexpensive is icing on the cake :) I learned about this solution on the Kitchen forum back in 2002. I don't think Scrubbing Bubbles (my favorite for soap scum) is safe for natural stone.
Monica

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 9:28PM
kiana-2010

Do not use scrubbing bubbles on travertine. Besides, it doesn't clean well enough for me. I second the alcohol, water mixture.

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 7:52AM
More Discussions
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™