Yucky Bathroom floors

happylady1957July 17, 2008

Hi There,

Is there a better way than getting down on my hands and knees with a microfiber cloth to clean "hairy" (blech)bathroom floors? I do believe my son is part sasquatch, so it needs to be done every day. TIA!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olympiceagle

How old is your son? I suspect that if he's leaving that much hair on the floor, he's probably old enough to clean up after himself. For years, we cleaned up after our kids. Only now, in hindsight (and much too late), do we think we should have done them a favor and approached things a bit differently. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 7:07AM
shaun

happylady, do you have a Swiffer? That works great for picking up hairs off tile floors. It gets right along the edges where the floor meets the wall. Pretty quick and easy way to do it.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 7:25AM
olympiceagle

Sorry I got sidetracked a bit. I agree with Shaun re Swiffer. We attach a dry Swiffer cloth to a lightweight Swiffer "mop" and it does a great job.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 7:38AM
happylady1957

Thanks for your answers, folks. You know, its interesting, but It never occurred to me to have my son clean his own hair up! To be fair, all 3 of us share that bathroom, but you absolutely have a point. Regarding the Swiffer, yes, those do pick up amazingly well, but there are so many tight spaces in that bathroom where the Swiffer head doesn't fit. I was actually wondering if anyone uses some kind of a hand-held vac?

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 12:44PM
tsy72001

Swiffer cleaners are NOT good for floors. They leave a chemical residue and it will dull the floor.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 1:11PM
graywings123

I routinely use the hard surface tool of the vacuum cleaner on the bathroom floor.

If I were doing it every day, I would keep a Swiffer Sweeper (the dry type, not the WetJet) and a roll of paper towels in the bathroom. One dry sheet of paper towel on the Swiffer works as well as the pricey dry Swiffer sheet.

An electric or battery operated stick broom would work, but do some measuring so you can get around the fixtures. I had an electric one many years ago that was really noisy.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 2:04PM
jannie

I grab a handful of toilet paper, wet it, squeeze out excess water and use that to pick up hair. I have two daughters with long hair. I am the only one who cleans the bathroom after the two of them.

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™