Leathered Antique Brown Granite with Calacatta Gold Honed

KevinMPApril 26, 2012

Some of you asked for more pictures of the granite I used in my bathroom remodel. I took some additional pictures, and hopefully you'll be able to get a sense of the texture and randomness of the stone. The picture with the hot water handle in it shows a greenish spot, but that spot is actually iridescent and looks like abalone. You'll see what appear to be cracks, but they're a natural part of the stone and are actually veining. It turns some people off, the granite yard told me, but I liked it.

It took me nearly two months to decide on something I could pair with the calacatta gold given that the marble was honed (not polished) and that it's difficult to match calacatta from different lots so every slab I looked at wasn't right. As I said in another post, I was torn between lagos azul and another variety of limestone and leathered antique brown (also called kohiba) and another granite called (allegedly) "titanium" in a leathered finish. I was afraid to use the limestone in the wet applications and the "titanium" was too white and only came in 3 cm slabs (too thick for a shower/tub surround).

Anyhow, antique brown is an awesome stone, and I had a hell of time finding it leathered in 2 cm thickness, but I prevailed eventually.

Here you go

(I'm fixing the caulking when the glass is installed, so no comments about the last picture.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boysrus2

STUNNING! What a personality in that stone. The leathered finish is a perfect pairing with that brown granite.

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 9:14PM
auroraborelis

That is so unique! I love it!

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 11:11PM
monicakm_gw

I first saw leathered granite about 4 or 5 years ago in a parade home. Instantly fell in love with it! Your choice of granite and finish is absolutely beautiful!
Monica

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Sponsored Products
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Catalina Bronze Outdoor Floor Lamp with
Home Depot
AICO Furniture - Victoria Palace Panel Bed (3 pc) - 61000EKBED3-29
Great Furniture Deal
angelo:HOME Marlowe Wood Mirror
Overstock.com
Raine Chair - Key Largo Graphite Brown
Joybird Furniture
Swirling Vine Tiffany-Style Antique Bronze Table Lamp
Lamps Plus