Leathered Antique Brown Granite with Calacatta Gold Honed

KevinMPApril 26, 2012

Some of you asked for more pictures of the granite I used in my bathroom remodel. I took some additional pictures, and hopefully you'll be able to get a sense of the texture and randomness of the stone. The picture with the hot water handle in it shows a greenish spot, but that spot is actually iridescent and looks like abalone. You'll see what appear to be cracks, but they're a natural part of the stone and are actually veining. It turns some people off, the granite yard told me, but I liked it.

It took me nearly two months to decide on something I could pair with the calacatta gold given that the marble was honed (not polished) and that it's difficult to match calacatta from different lots so every slab I looked at wasn't right. As I said in another post, I was torn between lagos azul and another variety of limestone and leathered antique brown (also called kohiba) and another granite called (allegedly) "titanium" in a leathered finish. I was afraid to use the limestone in the wet applications and the "titanium" was too white and only came in 3 cm slabs (too thick for a shower/tub surround).

Anyhow, antique brown is an awesome stone, and I had a hell of time finding it leathered in 2 cm thickness, but I prevailed eventually.

Here you go

(I'm fixing the caulking when the glass is installed, so no comments about the last picture.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boysrus2

STUNNING! What a personality in that stone. The leathered finish is a perfect pairing with that brown granite.

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 9:14PM
auroraborelis

That is so unique! I love it!

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 11:11PM
monicakm_gw

I first saw leathered granite about 4 or 5 years ago in a parade home. Instantly fell in love with it! Your choice of granite and finish is absolutely beautiful!
Monica

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
robe hook in frameless shower glass?
Does anyone have experience with robe hooks in frameless...
nellie08
tile drywall corner transition
I'm trying to figure out how to complete the corner...
mattt19
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Sponsored Products
Antique Nickel Two-Light Classic Wall Sconce
$314.90 | Bellacor
Rectangle Faux Leather Bench
Overstock.com
Robert Abbey | Doughnut Flush Mount II
$468.60 | YLighting
Grasshopper Solid Brass Pull
Signature Hardware
Safavieh Area Rug: Leather Shag Black 5' x 8'
Home Depot